Concealed Carry Law
(Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act)
Applications for a Concealed Carry Permit are available at the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office. The application and other Concealed Carry information are also available online, via the Kansas Attorney General's website at the following link:
Applications must be completed and filed with the Sheriff's Office. Applicant requirements are included in the permit application form. When you apply you must provide:
- Completed concealed-carry permit application.
- A certificate of completion of a concealed-carry training course conducted by a certified Kansas Concealed Carry Instructor.
- A 2" x 2" passport type color photo of yourself, taken within the last 30 days. The only facial jewelry permissible in the photo is clear eyeglasses.
- A cashier's check or money order payable to the Kansas Attorney General in the amount of $110.00
- A cashier's check or money order payable to the Lincoln County Sheriff in the amount of $40.00.
- Fingerprints of the applicant will be taken at the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office.
- Information will be forwarded to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) for a complete background check.