Saturday, May 30, 2020

Image result

Lincoln County Clerk / Election Officer

Dawn M. Harlow
216 E Lincoln Ave
Lincoln, KS 67455
Fax: 785-524-5008
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

The County Clerk is responsible for a wide range of duties as specified by State Statues

The County Clerk serves as the official secretary for the Board of the County Commissioners. The Clerk prepares and posts the agenda,  attends Commission meeting and maintains proceedings of Commissioner Meetings, including all contracts and agreements entered into by the county. 

Tax Levies and Tax Roll

The Clerk has various duties relating to property tax levies and tax roll preparation. The clerk prepares annual budgets for most townships and fire districts. All school districts, cities, townships and other taxing authorities must file their budgets with the Clerk. The clerk prepares real estate, personal property, and state assessed tax roll, including special assessments, and certifies to County Treasurer. 

Property Values

All County property values are filed with the Clerk, and the Clerk sets the official mill levies for each taxing district based on this information. All land records of the County are maintained by the Clerk and each transfer of real estate is properly recorded in the transfer record for taxation purposes. 

Accounts Payable and Payroll

The clerks provides Accounts Payable and Payroll functions for all County departments; receives all claims filed against the County.  The Clerk provides assistance to County residents in preparing Homestead Property Tax Refund for the Kansas Department of Revenue. The Clerk Issues Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses to establishments outside the city limits. The Clerk issues Kansas Wildlife and Parks permits

Election Officer

As the County Election Officer the Clerks Carries out all elections and certifies to the Secretary of the State, maintains voter database; accepts filings for public office; keeps financial statements of expenses from county, city, school district candidates. 

Freedom Of Information

The County Clerk is the designated contact person to obtain information regarding Freedom of Information. To request an Open Records Request Form please contact this office by phone or by submitting a request via email at:


Maintains inventories and long range plans;
  • Provides assistance to county residents in preparing Homestead Tax Refund Application for the Kansas Department of Revenue;
  • Issues Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses to establishments in the county;
  • Issues Kansas Wildlife and Park permits and submits monthly and annual reports